- Draycott, S., Sellar, B., Davey, T. , Noble, D.R., Venugopoal, V., Ingram, D.M. (2019) Capture and simulation of the ocean environment for offshore renewable energy, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 104(January), pp. 15–29. doi: 10.1016/j.rser.2019.01.011.
- Draycott, S., Noble, D. R., Davey, T. A. D., Bruce, T., Ingram, D. M., Johanning, L., Smith, H. C. M., Day, A. H. and Kaklis, P. (2017) Re-creation of site-specific multi-directional waves with non-collinear current. Ocean Engineering. doi:10.1016/j.oceaneng.2017.10.047
(Read a brief summary of paper on this blog)
- Noble, D R, Draycott, S, Davey, T A D, & Bruce, T (2017) Design diagrams for wavelength discrepancy in tank testing with inconsistently scaled intermediate water depth. International Journal of Marine Energy. doi:10.1016/j.ijome.2017.04.001
(Brief summary of the paper on this blog)
- Noble, D R, Draycott, S, Davey, T A D, & Bruce, T (2017) Testing marine renewable energy devices in an advanced multi-directional combined wave-current environment, In: Proceedings of the ASME 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2017), Trondheim, Norway. doi:10.1115/OMAE2017-62052
- Sutherland, D R J, Noble, D R, Steynor, J, Davey, T A D, & Bruce, T (2017) Characterisation of Current and Turbulence in the FloWave Ocean Energy Research Facility. Ocean Engineering. doi:10.1016/j.oceaneng.2017.02.028
- Noble D, Davey T, Smith H, Kaklis P, Robinson A, and Bruce T (2015) Spatial Variation of Currents Generated in the FloWave Ocean Energy Research Facility, In: Proceedings of the 11th European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC2015), Nantes, France.
The title or this paper is a bit of a mouthful, but actually it covers a relatively simple subject: the errors that may arise if the water depth is not scaled consistently with other parameters when tank testing devices, particularly those designed to harness power from waves. Continue reading “Design diagrams for wavelength discrepancy in tank testing with inconsistently scaled intermediate water depth”
This paper was published in the Ocean Engineering journal in October 2017. It was a joint piece of work with fellow IDCORE researcher at FloWave, Sam Draycott, building on our separate areas of research. In it, we demonstrate the capability of the FloWave facility to generate complex wave-current conditions, and also highlight the importance of considering even relatively low tidal currents when testing wave-energy devices. Continue reading “Re-creation of site-specific multi-directional waves with non-collinear current”