A list of all my academic publications, with links to those I have summarised on this site, plus the full text online via the DOI 10.x link (or elsewhere).
Policy and commercialisation
- Shona Pennock, Donald R Noble, Yelena Vardanyan, Timur Delahaye, Henry Jeffrey (2023), A modelling framework to quantify the power system benefits from ocean energy deployments, Applied Energy, 10.1016/j.apenergy.2023.121413.
- Pablo Ruiz-Minguela, Donald R Noble, Vincenzo Nava, Shona Pennock, Jesus M. Blanco, Henry Jeffrey (2023), Estimating Future Costs of Emerging Wave Energy Technologies, Sustainability, 10.3390/su15010215.
- Shona Pennock, Anna Garcia-Teruel, Donald R Noble, Owain Roberts, Adrian de Andres, Charlotte Cochrane, Henry Jeffrey (2022), Deriving current cost requirements from future targets: Case studies for emerging offshore renewable energy technologies, Energies, 10.3390/en15051732.
- Anna Garcia-Teruel, Owain Roberts, Donald R Noble, Jillian Henderson, Henry Jeffrey (2022), Design limits for wave energy converters based on the relationship of power and volume obtained through multi-objective optimisation, Renewable Energy, 10.1016/j.renene.2022.09.053.
- Inès Tunga, Anna Garcia-Teruel, Donald R Noble, Jillian Henderson (2021), Addressing European Ocean Energy Challenge: The DTOceanPlus Structured Innovation Tool for Concept Creation and Selection, Energies, 10.3390/en14185988.
- Owain Roberts, Jillian Catherine Henderson, Anna Garcia-Teruel, Donald R Noble, Inès Tunga, Jonathan Hodges, Henry Jeffrey, Tim Hurst (2021), Bringing Structure to the Wave Energy Innovation Process with the Development of a Techno-Economic Tool, Energies, 10.3390/en14248201.
- Maria Apolonia, Rhoda Fofack-Garcia, Donald R Noble, Jonathan Hodges, Francisco X Correia da Fonseca (2021), Legal and Political Barriers and Enablers to the Deployment of Marine Renewable Energy, Energies, 10.3390/en14164896.
- Paul Kerr, Donald R Noble, Jonathan Hodges, Henry Jeffrey (2021), Implementing Radical Innovation in Renewable Energy Experience Curves, Energies, 10.3390/en14092364.
- Donald R Noble, et al. (2021), Standardising marine renewable energy testing: Gap analysis and recommendations for development of standards, Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, 10.3390/jmse9090971.
- Noble, D R; Draycott, S; Nambiar, A; Sellar, B G; Steynor, J; Kiprakis, A (2020), Experimental Assessment of Flow, Performance, and Loads for Tidal Turbines in a Closely-Spaced Array, Energies, 10.3390/en13081977.
Plus associated datasets:
- Noble, D R; Draycott, S; Nambiar, A; Sellar, B; Steynor, J; Lennon, M; Davey, T; Kiprakis, A. (2020), Flow data around three Supergen UKCMER Tidal Turbines in a closely spaced staggered array at FloWave, [dataset], The University of Edinburgh. School of Engineering. Institute for Energy Systems, 10.7488/ds/2762.
- Noble, D R; Draycott, S; Nambiar, A; Sellar, B; Steynor, J; Lennon, M; Davey, T; Kiprakis, A. (2020), Turbine loading and performance data for three Supergen UKCMER Tidal Turbines in a closely spaced staggered array at FloWave, [dataset], The University of Edinburgh. School of Engineering. Institute for Energy Systems, 10.7488/ds/2761.
- Draycott, S; Sellar, B; Davey, T; Noble, D R; Venugopal, V; Ingram, D M (2019), Capture and simulation of the ocean environment for offshore renewable energy, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 10.1016/j.rser.2019.01.011.
- Draycott, S; Payne, G S; Steynor, J; Nambiar, A; Sellar, B; Davey, T; Noble, D R; Venugopal, V. (2019), Environmental & Load Data: 1:15 Scale Tidal Turbine subject to a variety of Regular Wave Conditions, Data in Brief, 10.1016/j.dib.2019.103732.
- Noble, Donald R (2018), Combined wave-current scale model testing at FloWave, EngD Thesis, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, http://hdl.handle.net/1842/31170.
- Draycott, S, Noble, D R, Davey, T A D, Bruce, T, Ingram, D M, Johanning, L, Smith, H C M, Day, A H and Kaklis, P (2017) Re-creation of site-specific multi-directional waves with non-collinear current. Ocean Engineering, 10.1016/j.oceaneng.2017.10.047.
Read my summary of this work.
- Noble, D R, Draycott, S, Davey, T A D, & Bruce, T (2017), Design diagrams for wavelength discrepancy in tank testing with inconsistently scaled intermediate water depth, International Journal of Marine Energy, 10.1016/j.ijome.2017.04.001.
Read a summary on this site.
- Noble, D R, Draycott, S, Davey, T A D, & Bruce, T (2017), Testing marine renewable energy devices in an advanced multi-directional combined wave-current environment, Proceedings of the ASME 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2017), Trondheim, Norway, 10.1115/OMAE2017-62052.
- Sutherland, D R J, Noble, D R, Steynor, J, Davey, T A D, & Bruce, T (2017), Characterisation of Current and Turbulence in the FloWave Ocean Energy Research Facility, Ocean Engineering, 10.1016/j.oceaneng.2017.02.028.
- Noble D, Davey T, Smith H, Kaklis P, Robinson A, and Bruce T (2015), Spatial Variation of Currents Generated in the FloWave Ocean Energy Research Facility, Proceedings of the 11th European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC2015), Nantes, France, (available on Research Gate)